Physical, mental and intellectual developmental disabilities can affect people of all ages. Developmental services workers (DSW) and special needs professionals work with those who have these disabilities to help them function better AT HOME AND IN THEIR ACTIVITIES OF DAILY LIVING.Contact us today to get your personalized care package today!
Specialize with children and adults with disabilities.
Related Skills, Interests and Values
- Promotes the development of life skills including but not limited to, personal care, housekeeping, social skills as well as job readiness and parenting skills, if applicable
- Models and promotes a healthy lifestyle while maintaining a safe environment
- Manages and administers medication according to physician’s order; monitors and records individual reaction to medication
- Applies crisis intervention strategies calmly and effectively and is able to respond quickly to situations
- Participates in the development and implementation of individually directed plans and goals
- Supports individuals to develop and maintain relationships with a variety of people
- Facilitates family and community relationship building
- PROVIDING RESPITE CARE IN HOME WITH PROFESSIONALISM , DIGNITY AND COMPASSIONATE CARE